Various reactions may occur following a reflexology session. These are usually subtle, and are often not recognised by many people as a result of the reflexology therapy. Many of the reactions are positive signs that the session is part of a healing process; other symptoms are indicative of the body’s attempts to return to a state of balance and harmony. Symptoms usually last for 24-48 hours.
- Increased energy
- Relief from pain
- Enhanced sleep
- Increased mucus (nasal discharge, vaginal discharge)
- More mobile joints
- Skin rashes, pimples, or spots (due to elimination of toxins)
- Frequent bowel movements, diarrhoea (cleansing, elimination of toxins)
- Emotional or psychological release (crying, anger)
- The next day you may also have head cold symptoms or have a sluggish/hungover feeling
The side affects above are caused by toxin elimination. It is advisable to drink more water than usual to increase the rate of toxin elimination and reduce further prolonged side affects.